; FAQ - Landsng.com ; ;


How to get information on lands around the location you are interested in?

You can get information on lands under government acquisitions, lands with revoked certificate of occupancy, and lands released by excision to communities or families around the location of your choice by using the filter and drop-down menu on the homepage or at the top right side of other pages. Select the State and Area you are interested in, and then, using the Parcel Name drop-down menu select the name of land that closely match the name of the location of the land you are interested in.

What is the “Draw and Compare Survey Boundary” tool?

Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et. Nihil anim keffiyeh helvetica, craft beer labore wes anderson cred nesciunt sapiente ea proident. Ad vegan excepteur butcher vice lomo. Leggings occaecat craft beer farm-to-table, raw denim aesthetic synth nesciunt you probably haven't heard of them accusamus labore sustainable VHS.

How to create a version of a land that is shown on a survey plan on a map?

You can do this by first clicking on the green button called “Draw and Compare Survey Boundary” that is located on the homepage or at top left corner of other pages. Then enter information on the land as shown on the survey plan using the forms that come up. First enter a Name for your land polygon, and then enter the values for Easting, Northing, and UTM Zone. The Easting and Northing numbers usually end mE and mN, respectively, while the UTM Zone value usually shows “U.T.M” before the inscription of the numbers. Then select button for “WGS84”. See example of a survey plan with these information in the image available in this link.

Thereafter, in the next window enter the values for degrees, minutes, second (often absent, so enter 0), and distance. Then click the button named “Draw Survey Boundary”. You can add more rows for entering the values by clicking “Add More” button or return to previous window by clicking on “Go Back” button. See the video here to watch tutorial on how to use this tool.

How does your organization obtain land records on this website?

Most land records are public records and our organization maintain a database of historic records of land and properties that are released by government agencies across Nigeria. The database is constantly updated. Likewise, we also obtain land records from third-party organizations.

What is land excision?

By law in Nigeria, lands are under the control of State’s governors. However, historically before the 1978 Land Use Act, lands in Nigeria were mostly under the control of communities and traditional families. The Land Use Act of 1978, therefore, put lands directly under the authority of state governors, who can also release portions of these lands back to historic land owners with proven records of ownership. The legal release of lands by state governors to the original historic land owners (e.g. traditional families, villages, and communities, etc.) through publication of the name, size, location, and bearings of the released land in an official gazettes is called a land excision. The records of the released land must be captured in a government gazettes before it can conclusively be called a land excision.

What is a revoked land or revoked right of occupancy?

Simply, a land with revoked right of occupancy is a land in which legal ownership is returned to government. A piece of privately owned land can be acquired by state governments for overriding public interest (i.e. for provision of public good). This is called land acquisition. Likewise, under some circumstances, a piece of land that is released to private owners can also be returned back to government control in situation where the terms of agreement of the release of the land to the private owners are not met. Both instances involved revocation of right of occupancy of the said land, and require that the process of revocation of right of occupancy initiated by the government must follow the law. The revocation of right of occupancy of a piece of land by government must also be captured in an official government gazette, and released for public knowledge.

How do I view records on lands on this website?

First time users can freely access information on lands on this website without registration or payment of fee. However, unlimited access to land information requires that users sign-up, and pay a modest fee that helps sustain the quality of content on this website.

If you are first time user, use the drop-down menu of the filters that are available on the homepage and other pages to select the name of the land you are interested in viewing.

Land Survey Maps Online

Our Blog